The Club was founded in 1903 as a businessmen’s club for gentlemen of British descent but has developed over the past century to be the social, sports & cultural centre for the english-speaking community in Bangkok. The present clubhouse was opened in 1910 and the clubhouse land was gifted by H.M. the King of Siam in 1914. Membership is dependent on being proposed and seconded by two full members in good standing and interview and election by the General Committee. Canadians may join as either annual or full ordinary members, the latter with full voting rights. In total the Club has some 1,240 members, almost 3,000 users including families. Both men and women may become members.
The Club has reciprocal arrangements with over 435 clubs in 59 countries worldwide, including 36 clubs across eight Canadian provinces. Current members may use these clubs when travelling aboard.
Often called ‘an oasis in the heart of Bangkok’, the Club has a compact range of sports and dining facilities on its 1.4 hectare site with a bar, restaurant and function rooms in the Clubhouse, on-site tennis courts, squash courts, fitness centre, massage service, adult’s and children’s swimming pools, children’s playground cricket nets, and all-weather sports court. Conference and function facilities are available indoors or on the lawn in front of the Clubhouse or the well shaded garden on the back lawn. The Club organises many events each year for members, such as wine-tastings, quiz nights, fun fairs, gourmet dinners, and lots more. The Club can also provide an external catering service.
Currently, part of the Poolside is being re-developed, with completion scheduled this year of new changing rooms, fitness centre, kitchen, poolside dining and sports bar.
The Club is owned by its Full Ordinary and Country Members made up of Australian, British, Canadian and New Zealander citizens.
Membership Sales Manager
|Address:||189 Surawongse Road, Bangrak|
|Postal Code:|| 10500
|Phone Number:||+66 (0) 2234 0247|
|Fax Number:|| +66 (0) 2235 1560